The year 2020 was a unique period for the Philippine outsourcing landscape. The COVID-19 pandemic made it hard for BPOs and offshore staffing suppliers to execute their plans and projections for the year. However, fast forward to 2021, the outsourcing and offshoring industries are still considered major contributors to the Philippine economy.
Despite the ongoing global health crisis, the Philippines remains as one of the most popular IT outsourcing destinations in Asia among foreign investors. In fact, the current value of the Philippine software development industry is $3.2B.
So, what exactly makes the Philippines a pivotal destination for IT and software development outsourcing? Let the following figures speak for themselves.
The steady pool of IT and software development candidates, high English proficiency and literacy rate, cultural compatibility with the West, and government support for outsourcing are what makes the Philippines an ideal place to outsource IT jobs.
Foreign investors are willing to invest in the Philippine IT industry for the right reasons:
- More candidates available means more chances of finding the right person for the IT roles you are looking to hire.
- High literacy rate means more people who can read, write, and speak in English, making them more compatible with Western employers.
- The Philippine government encourages foreign investors to set up BPO companies in the country by giving them tax holidays, tax-free equipment importation, and visa assistance.
How Companies Benefit from Outsourcing IT to the Philippines
Now that you have an idea about the perks of outsourcing IT to the Philippines, let’s explore how exactly outsourcing can benefit your business.
The most obvious benefit of outsourcing IT has to do with savings. Surely, applications can be developed at a lower price and at a better quality in other countries, but the standard wages and cost of living in the Philippines can mean so much, especially to new entrepreneurs. Imagine how much more you can save outsourcing to the Philippines than to other top outsourcing destinations.
Finding an expert partner in IT outsourcing is a great way to increase productivity growth. Productivity growth can be achieved when you find the right talent for your business. Therefore, when you work with an outsourcing/offshoring partner that understands your outsourcing/offshoring needs, then you will surely be matched with the right IT staff.
With more savings and extra hands, you will have more resources, especially time and energy to build your brand and expand your business. You can invest in more technology that can truly advance your business and focus on strategizing to upgrade your processes to increase efficiency.
Processes and Infrastructure
You don’t have to worry about building the processes and infrastructure you need in managing your offshore staff because your outsourcing/offshoring partner will take care of everything. They will help onboard you and your staff and provide ongoing support throughout your relationship in the form of a dedicated account manager and remote working technology.
Quality of Service
Increased productivity growth helps bring down the lead time. Your staff get to finish their tasks on time and even provide services to your clients earlier than expected. This then allows your staff more time to work on other tasks, reducing workplace stress and improving the quality of output.
Let Remote Staff Help You Find the Right IT Talent for Your Business
The important thing to remember about IT outsourcing is that you work with a reliable outsourcing company that will invest time, effort, and resources in ensuring that your remote working relationship runs smoothly with or without your supervision.
There are so many BPOs and offshore staffing suppliers in the market that offer great services and solutions for your IT needs, but we can say that the Remote Staff offshore staffing solutions and services are unique in many ways:
- We are one of the pioneers of remote working in the Philippines.
- Our 14 years of experience in sourcing and placing Filipino remote workers for our clients have helped us advance our knowledge of the remote working landscape.
- We help you deal with building capacities and building productivity in managing your offshore talent.
- We professionalise the self-employment landscape by taking care of your offshore staff’s benefits and facilitating tax withholding.
- Our service fees are embedded into one simple hourly rate that incorporates everything: the staff wages, benefits, our recruitment service, customer support, payroll, remote working technology, and attendance management.
- Our hourly rates fluctuate with the forex valuation each month. If your currency gets stronger, you get to save; if your currency gets weaker, you shoulder the additional cost.
- Our billing system is based on proven work hours. This means that you only get charged for work hours that are proven via our RS platform. Unproven work hours are 100% refundable.
- Depending on the seniority level and work arrangement, our service fees per currency range from AUD$250 to AUD$550. You can check our rates here.
- We require clients to pay invoices in advance to back our payroll guarantee. Your payment is all credit until it’s consumed.
- We make sure that our policies are fair for all parties involved: Remote Staff, the clients, and the remote contractors. Hence, we have formulated flexible termination policies.